Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Greek to Me.

Who am I? The Greeks were amazing when it came to just about everything. No matter which documentary you have watched in class it never stops amazing me how incredible they actually are. They could do everything, and some things probably better than our own society. The Greeks created all of these systems, rather it be numbers or even an alphabet, we can thank them for just about everything. No one gives them much credit anymore though because after your generation is over and a couple of years have passed, the things you did are now just textbook appropriate. All of the new beginnings you have started and even if you found the answer to world peace, everything you did will now have been forgotten and things will just happen.

What is the point to fame? If you are not Ghandi or God, 30 years from no one will know who you are. No one will remember the things that you did, just as twenty years from now you will go to your class reunion and say something to the point of, "Now, where did I know you from?". I think fame is just an instantaneous thing. People do it in order to achieve success at that point; to feel good about themselves if you will. Fame to me means nothing unless it is used to better the world. To be famous is just a way to get on E, but to change the world, now that's the way to have fame for yourself. Maybe not doing drugs and being on Jersey Shore won't get a you big pay check, but what kind of fame is that?

Fame should be about making the world a better place because people will listen to you, not because you want the attention.

"Baby It's Cold Outside" is my favorite Christmas
song as the choir today performed. I just wish I
had someone to sing it to me.

"This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in 
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice
My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry"  

No comments:

Post a Comment