Saturday, December 4, 2010

I Can't Sleep...

There are millions upon billions of people in the world. There are thousands and thousands of people that you have met in your lifetime. There are multiple countries that no one has even heard of. There are millions of fish in the sea, so to speak. There are hundreds of students in each and every high school. There are hundreds of Facebook friends for every individual. There of numerous connections that each and every one of us has with one another. Yet, only a few of these individuals that you come across will leave a mark on your life. Think about it.

Although I have met, said hello and even hugged thousands of people in my lifetime. How many of them have actually changed my life? How many of these people have left a mark that will last a lifetime? How many can I even still recall their name?

A few handfuls.

We all need to strive to be an individual in everyone's handful. The more people who want to be in that handful, the better the world will be as more people become will strive to enhance, or make better another individual. Sometimes, you don't even have to know the person. I myself have someone that is in my handful whom I never even knew their names. Those are the type of people we need in the world. They are the change, but we all can be.


This is my "little brother" Christian, him and I
are really close. We always give each other advice
when times are tough and try to be there for one
another no matter what; I thought it was appropriate
to put him on this one.
"Now if we had the power 

To bring our neighbors home from war 
They would have never missed a Christmas 
No more ribbons on their door 
And when you trust your television 
What you get is what you got 
Cause when they own the information, oh 
They can bend it all they want"
-- John Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment