Sunday, November 14, 2010

Yourself.

Who am I? Today I am myself, of course. At least I hope everyone can say that are themselves everyday. Too bad that is not always the case. To me, being yourself is what life is all about. If you are not yourself, who will you ever be? What goals can you have? What can you aspire to be if you can't even be yourself long enough to figure out what you like to do. Conforming, that's what high school seems to be about. Not for myself though.

This weekend I think I learned more about who my true friends are than ever before. I had the most fantastic 48 hours that anyone could ask for and it was all thanks to them. I don't think I have laughed, smiled or even spoken exactly how I feel that much in a very, very long time. So what does this have to be with being myself, for once in a long time, I let all ambitions go down. I let myself be free of worries. I let myself finally begin to figure out exactly who I am. I'm starting to figure it out. I now know exactly what I need to do. I need to just, be myself. No matter what. No matter the flaws of myself because someone will find everything about me beautiful,just as my friends do.

This is one of my best friends, Jacob.
I believe this picture explains our
entire relationship. I love spending
time with him, but college has really
cut into it. This weekend though showed
me that we are still close, no matter
what happens after high school.
"Growing up won't bring us down."
  -The Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment