Monday, November 22, 2010

NYU, please?

Who am I? Here are some exerts from my yet-to-be-completed essay....

If I was to play myself in one of those average high school films, like Mean Girls or 16 Candles, I would be that girl. Yes, I would be your Lindsay Lohan or Molly Ringwald. Your overwhelmed failure at life whom suddenly everything changes when Mr. Right steps into her life by the dramatic irony of fate. The girl who thinks she is worse off than she actually is. The girl who people roll their eyes at when she talks about how awful her life is because she has everything. Yes, she has it all. The looks. The personality. The talent. The it. Too bad no one takes a minute to actually get to know me. They would realize a heck of a lot.

and to continue this master piece here is some more....

To get to the point of this entire essay, high school isn’t the place for someone like me. I don’t fit in because I was never meant to fit in. I was meant for something more, I just have absolutely no idea, clue, or thought to what it is. I have dreams. Many great dreams and ambitions. There is one problem though, I don’t know who I am. How can you accomplish your desires when you have no idea where you belong in the world?
Answer: You can’t.
To progress in life, you must find purpose. It could be as small as finding life in helping a stranger or as complex as changing the world. Just as long as you alone fulfilled that wish. Life is about, well lots of things, but I believe it all boils down to three main concepts: love, commitment, and security.

and it continues but I will not bore you just yet.
Point is, this essay is more than an essay to me. This is my journey. Best part, there is no word limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment